Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Two-Faced Woman:


A wink, a nod, "I'm fine," I say,

To people as they walk past.

But inside my heart is torn to shreds,

My smile is just a mask.



I'll sit and chat, maybe share a joke,

Or at least I'll really try.

But my genuine friends see through the smoke,

My empty eyes cannot lie.



At home I weep, feel down in despair,

My feelings I cannot hide.

From mother, family, friends,

I'm afraid they're along for the ride.



Those waves of grief, they still hit hard,

And knock me off my feet.

I'm waiting to find comfort,

I'm waiting for the the bitter to turn to sweet.



My baby now has Angel Wings,

In heaven she plays and rests.

But in my heart I have her love,

And for that, I'm eternally blessed.



Yes, I'm the two-faced woman,

It's a job that I have to do.

To get on in life without my baby,

Day, week, and whole year through.

1 comment:

  1. this is beautifully written.... Though our grief is for different reasons, I remember feeling that same way.... swallowed up by it in some moments.
    I'm praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete